Wakefield, North Avenue, Wakefield, MA
**RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION A MUST**
Companion services are non-medical care, supervision, and socialization provided to a functionally impaired adult. Companions may assist or supervise the elder with such tasks as meal preparation, laundry and shopping. Companions may also perform light housekeeping tasks that are incidental to the care and supervision of the elder.
- Provides supervisory care and companionship to a client in their home or a facility.
- Encourages and participates in social/recreational activities with client. (Card games, reading, knitting, puzzles, letter writing, reminiscing, and sing along).
- Accompanies client shopping, going on short walks, going to a doctor’s appointment, the bank, post office, or a meal site.
- Provide transportation, and assistance for client from their home to MD appointments, day care settings, shopping and /or errands
- Plan a nutritional meal together; cooking serving and cleaning up.
- Assists clients, who may be confused or forgetful by reminding him/her safety issues, appointments, medications to be taken.
- Contacts the agency or emergency services when necessary.
- Submits required paperwork on a weekly basis.
- Reports suspected client abuse/neglect to supervisor.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor such as light housekeeping and laundry.
A Homemaker is recognized as a mature, responsible individual who has been trained to provide a variety of support services as outlines below, which are necessary to maintain a disabled or dependent person safely and comfortably within the home setting.
- Assists in determining skills and specialties
- Provides necessary information to verify experience
- Presents evidence of health status as required
- Informs the agency of availability
- Attends a minimum of 6 hours of In-Service
- Practices principles of infection control and universal precautions as applicable
Performs household services such as:
- Planning, preparing and serving meals
- Purchasing food and household supplies
- Making and changing beds
- Cleaning and dusting household supplies
- Mopping floors (with a mop) and vacuuming
- Cleaning bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, etc.
- Washing dishes
- Laundry (washing drying folding and putting away), sewing and ironing
- Meal preparations including preparing and serving nutritious meals.
- Report any changes of client to nurse supervisor
- Report any incidents to nurse supervisor