SUMMARY: The community Health Nurse is responsible for providing direct nursing care and clinical supervision of Home Health Aides.
- ***HOME CARE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED***
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate, initiate, and implement a nursing care plan for assigned patients as well as being responsible for on-going treatment and identification of patient problems.
- Provide skilled nursing care consistent with professional observations, physician’s orders, and interpretation of each patient’s needs; plans of care are to include: observation, management and patient teaching.
- Make necessary revisions in the patient’s care plan and establish long and short term goals.
- Document skilled nursing based on the nursing care plan.
- Submit all required paperwork in a timely manner
- Prepare periodic reports which are sent to the physician
- Initiate appropriate preventative and/or rehabilitative teaching as need is identified and as consistent with attending physicians order.
- Instruct and supervise Home Health Aides as assigned.
- Maintain professional competence through In-Service attendance and similar professional resources.
- Assist with the quality assurance program as requested.
- Perform other duties related to this position as needed.
- Minimum of 1 year of hospital or home health experience
- Preferred Skills-
- Must display empathy, warmth, responsibility, initiative, tact, objectivity and adaptability.
- Proven ability to foster good interpersonal relationships
- Well groomed at all times and good personal health
- Establishes nursing judgment based on physiological, psychological, social spiritual and nursing knowledge.
- Ability to follow standard practice and procedures
- Capability of evaluating client’s condition, needs and attitudes
- Physical requirement’s may include:
- Lifting, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing, sitting, standing and walking. * Mental Effort involves:
- Observation and assessment of physical and emotional needs * Must exercise extreme tact in dealing with staff, community, clients and their family.
Please visit www.bestmakesithappen.com to fill out an application or call Tricia in HR @ 781-224-3622. Reliable Transportation is a MUST.